Wednesday, August 2, 2023

A day for family and friends … and tea!


Saturday was a super busy day, and it included lots of visits with family and friends! One of the most fun things I did was meet my high school friend Cindy, who nows lives in Tucson, Arizona, at a coffee shop in Tallapoosa. We graduated together way back in 1982 and hadn't seen each other since! We reconnected on Facebook a decade or so ago, and she was kind enough to request a face-to-face meeting the next time she was in town so that I could sign a copy of my new book for her. What an honor! Cindy is a registered dietitian and always shares the most enlightening articles on FB, so I've enjoyed being her "friend" for the second time in life!


We met at K & M Coffee Co. in Tallapoosa, the town where our beloved Haralson County High School is located (and where my dad now lives).


I was surprised to discover the many collections on display (but not for sale) in the shop, like these teacup-shaped pieces that I discovered are (I think) part of an espresso maker.


The old coffee grinders were fun to see.


And the Jadeite cup and saucer set caught my eye, but the dancing cats in front of it really made me smile.


I got there early, so while I waited, I had a vanilla chai latte and a cinnamon scone, and both were delicious.


And as if all that weren't enough to make my Saturday a treat, the day ended with a visit to my niece Cari's home to see new baby Ezra, my first great-nephew, who was 11 days old. I hadn't seen him since a few hours after he was born, and it is amazing how quickly a baby seems to change and grow up. A fun day indeed!

3 comments:

  1. It’s always fun to get together with long -time friends. That alone would have made for a good day, but you got to do several other nice things too, like visit that adorable baby! And of course, finding teacups and dancing cars (so cute) along the way helped, too. What a great day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a fun time with your old high school friend, and in such a fun cafe.
    And Baby Ezra looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ezra is so cute! I hope the new family is doing well and adjusting to life with a baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!