Monday, August 14, 2023

A new style of snack set & other thrifty finds


Because I've collected snack sets (aka tea and toast sets) for many years, I'm pretty good at spotting them in thrift stores. The other day, I came across some of these sweet little indented snack plates with *mugs* instead of *cups* that fit in the indentations!


Granted, this eight-piece set was missing a mug, but since the whole kit and caboodle was less than what I would pay for a single snack set at an antique mall, I was still getting a bargain.


That same day, I came across a cute silver serving tray for $2. It's clearly seen better days,  hasn't it?


I'm hoping silver polish will bring these roses back to life. If it doesn't,  plan B is that I'll spray paint it pink and plop it in my crafting area.


My other fun find was a large (ten-inch) papier-mâché Easter egg box! Small ones were ten to twenty dollars last Easter in the antique malls, so I was very happy to find this large one for just $7.99 at Goodwill. I love finding off-season decor at great prices, and by the time next Easter gets here, who knows what all I've have discovered!

5 comments:

  1. You really did find some great stuff! I especially like the papier-mâché Easter egg box.
    That's a huge one! I hope it's made in Germany, since those are the original and best ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. I'm sure you will have the silver tray sparkling in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of old worn off silverplate and I love using them with white fancy paper doilies! That's a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love paper mache eggs, but I really love that tarnished two tier tray. I would leave it tarnished, just the way it is and use it. It would be so pretty with some sweets or tea sandwiches nestled among pink roses and pearls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!