Friday, August 18, 2023

A new style of teapot stamp


I've been collecting tea-themed craft supplies for years now, and most of my teapot and teacup stamps feature frilly English-style tea wares. I check eBay every now and then to find supplies that I've not seen before, and recently, I came across this cute teapot stamp from Clear Magic Singles. I really like this stamp because it's so different from my other designs and looks Asian and a little more exotic.


One of my favorite parts of stamping is coloring, and while I do have some markers and colored pencils from various crafts companies, I remain sold on the fine-point Sharpies I found at Kroger a year or two ago and used them here!


I even colored one of these teapots to go in my bullet journal, where I like to feature a current favorite stamp design each month so that when I look back through these journals (and one of them lasts me two whole years), I can recall what I was stamping with at the time. With fall on the horizon, I'm starting to think about crafting a little more, including what sort of handmade Christmas cards I plan to send this year. If you're a crafter, are you thinking about your fall and holiday projects yet?

5 comments:

  1. Cute stamp! And nice coloring, too. I’m hoping to do some cardmaking next week, I need to replenish my stash of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty card that you made with your unusual stamp! The bamboo handle does give the teapot an exotic look. I do have a holiday project that I need to work on--a Christmas stocking for a friend. I bought the special fabric and other supplies last fall, and never got around to making it. Now I need to get started on it so that I will be sure to finish it before THIS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try making some crocheted Christmas ornaments... very simple but hopefully pretty, just to tuck into a Christmas card. We'll see how that works out ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stamps. I'm getting through the first week of school before I start planning fall/holiday crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new stamp. What fun!
    I need to start thinking of my holiday card, but other than thinking I have done nothing. Ugh! I know what I want to do, but not sure I can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!