Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Teapot storage solutions


After Christmas last year, I found a cute "toy" wicker teapot and teacup set on sale at T.J. Maxx. I thought it would be ideal for planting herbs in the spring, and it would be, but every time I thought about doing that, I realized I was concerned about dirt and water ruining the wicker, as would be the likely outcome. So instead of just moving the tea set around some more, I decided I needed a solution that would be less likely to sully it, and so … it's now sitting on my craft table, but that's only a partial solution. The teapot, it turns out, is great for holding the larger markers I've been acquiring for coloring cards.


I thought the cup would hold a few of the smaller markers, and it would, but it's so lightweight that it tips over! Another idea I've had is that I can simply use the cups to store those small paper bits that pile up when I'm crafting: tiny leaves, small flower buds, and that sort of thing.


Another thought is that I could hot glue the teacup to the saucer, and maybe that would provide some stability. Any of you crafty friends have other ideas? I'd love to hear them! (But I have found no crafty uses for wicker teaspoons!)

5 comments:

  1. The teapot makes a great marker holder! I’d use the teacup for small “leftovers” or small embellishments. The spoons, however, will just have to settle for being cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to store makers. If you don't want to glue the cup, maybe put something heavy and flat in the bottom like a rock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'm sure I can find a flat rock around here.

      Delete
  3. I think hot-gluing the teacup to the saucer sounds like the best idea. A simple solution is sometimes the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says that about cooking, too, that the simplest recipes are very often the best!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!