Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Some new Bucket List teacups


While I didn't do much shopping over the long holiday weekend, I did have some successful shopping on eBay last week with two longed-for teacups that were both spotted, ordered, and received by July 4, and I was happy to check these off my teacup Bucket List!


I've been searching for a patriotic teacup for years, and this Princess Anne bone china teacup from England (ironically!) was just what I'd been looking for! It arrived just two days after I purchased it, so I've had plenty of time to sip from it this week.


I love the symbolism on both the cup and saucer, including the shield the eagle rests on, the cloud with thirteen stars, the olive branches, and the "assaulting forward" (or backward-looking) flag.


Fast-forward a few months, and you'll probably see another teacup that's long been on my wish list, this Queen Anne "My Valentine" teacup. I actually found this from an eBay seller in Canada who ships out of New York, and I bought it last Wednesday and had it on Monday!


I thought this teacup would be perfect for when I get around to finishing the valentine book I'm working on, and I finally found it at a price I was willing to pay. So two fun teacup finds were part of my July 4 celebration this year. I hope yours was enjoyable too!
 

2 comments:

  1. Love both teacups. I'm glad you were able to check them off your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such nice teacups! I'm glad you are so happy with them. I especially like the little swallows flying around on the Valentine saucer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!