Monday, July 24, 2023

Teacups, a "teapot," and a tole tray




Saturday morning was a rainy one, so I decided to stick close to home and visit a local antique mall that’s just a few miles up the road, Treasures Lost and Found. I ran into an old friend whose mom I used to work with in the newspaper business, and it was so fun to catch up with her. And despite the rain, I spotted a few outdoor things that caught my eye, like this pretty teacup chandelier. 


They also had a more colorful one that I think would be perfect in someone’s garden. 


My fun find was this odd teapot-shaped piece, and I wasn’t even quite sure what it was until I turned it upside down and saw the PartyLite sticker, meaning it was some sort of candle-related item.


Then I realized the bowl-like portion up top was designed to hold wax melts, which I happen to love, so I decided to get this. When I got home and looked it up online, I discovered that this piece originally had a lid! Oh well, at least mine was just $9, and I do plan to use it for wax melts, not use it as another teapot on display, so that’s fine. 


And the back of the piece made me smile because it looks like it's overjoyed that I bought it!


My best find, though, was probably this vintage tole tray. I’ve collected a few of these over the years and enjoy decorating with them, and I never, ever see them for just $10 anymore. Score!


It's in great condition, and the green colors will be perfect to decorate with around St. Patrick’s Day next year. Not a bad haul for a rainy Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. Fun finds on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "smiling" teapot is funny! It's always good to start a Monday with a smile.
    That vintage tole tray is really nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! Enjoy your smiling teapot wax melter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the smiling teapot! What fragrance melts will you use?☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I have several from various wax-melting devices I've received as gifts. Do you have a recommendation? I may need some new ones!

      Delete
    2. I don't, maybe someone else can share? I received some homemade ones I'll try but will likely be doing it more in cooler weather

      Delete
  5. What fun! I love the tole tray. I would use that all year long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!