Monday, May 1, 2023

Windchimes, teapots, and more

Yesterday, I got home from a long weekend in Lavonia, Georgia, where a group of crafting friends gather at a crafting cottage on Lake Hartwell to enjoy card making, knitting, cross-stitching, or whatever we’re all working on at the time. On Saturday, we attended the Hartwell Makers Festival, and I bought several goodies, but I was most excited about sharing these fabulous windchimes at the booth of the Hartwell Windchime Lady. This silver coffeepot windchime was first to catch my eye.


Then I spotted this clever design featuring an old glass citrus juicer along with citrus-colored glass bits and a tea bag rest from Florida!


This silver pitcher windchime was lovely too!


And of course I had to stop and admire the teapot windchime!


Have you ever seen a windchime made out of a vintage bowl? I had not, but I sure liked this one!


And here's a vintage teakettle windchime with kitchen implements attached!


Need a windchime for a child? How about a xylophone model? I must admit I kind of wanted to go make windchimes after seeing all these fabulous designs.


And I've saved the best for last! Realizing that my birthday is coming up and Alex might not have finished his shopping yet, I texted him and asked if he'd like to buy me a windchime for my birthday this year. Any time I have ever done something like that, he says yes because it saves him the torture of shopping and he gets the credit. So when I saw this vintage pitcher with beautiful roses and periwinkle glass and beads, I knew this was the one for me! (The back of the pitcher is even prettier, with even more roses on it, and you can see it on the Hartwell Windchime Lady's Facebook page here if you're interested.) Have you ever seen so many creative windchimes before? I was quite impressed!


 

7 comments:

  1. Those are all very creative, and I have not seen this craft before. I think you found the perfect one for Alex to give you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen such clever wind chimes before. Lovely! The one you picked was calling your name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so creative! I hope you had a lovely weekend crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lovely lady that does that kind of work here in So Cal….so clever and creative….I’ve bought many items like this …you sure got a charming one! I enjoy visiting you and your posts. Happy May Day 🌼 Best, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are really interesting! It must have been hard to choose the one that Alex would so kindly get you for your birthday. I've never seen any wind chimes like those before at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The piece called "Cassie's Carnival" looks like a Carnival Glass bowl. I have one that appears to be the identical pattern, color and shape (bowl not windchimes!). It was my grandmother's from the 1940's. If that is the case, $50 would be a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun wind chimes. Love the kettle one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!