Wednesday, May 17, 2023

A very different chamomile tea!

 


Last night, it was pouring down rain and lightning, and it looked so gray and gloomy outside that of course I required tea!


I hadn't yet tried the Sleepy Time Tea my husband got me for my birthday, so I decided it was time to give it a try. At first glance, the steeped tea looked rather like a typical chamomile tea blend.


But when I removed the infuser basket, I went, "Wait a minute! Why is my tea blue?" And then I thought of all those blue teas that came on the scene a few years ago. Was there any of that in this tea?

Butterfly pea flower! Yes, that was it! The butterfly pea flower made the tea blue, but the licorice root made it delightfully sweet, so this tea from Hyamoon was a delicious surprise in more ways than one!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty and delicious - a good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your tea during the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very interesting-looking tea! I've never had blue tea before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty tea cup - what is the name of the pattern ? ? ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Love the cup and saucer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!