Friday, May 19, 2023

Some in-and-out thrifting

Last week, I ran by the local Salvation Army to drop off boxes and boxes of books and household goods that I'd been meaning to donate. "Should I go inside?" I asked myself after making my donation at the back door of the store. I mean, the purpose of the trip was to de-clutter, not re-clutter. But of course I decided that a quick visit wouldn't hurt.

And when I saw this wooden teacup container/basket/bin, I immediately thought of the upcycling possibilities for its use in my craft room. Now that I've launched a new book and finished the first draft of the second book in the series, I plan to take some time to chill and play in my craft room. One thing that's been on my wish list for a while is a new organizing system for craft supplies, and if I paint this pink or turquoise, I suspect it will be just the thing I need! (Would you decoupage a design on it or leave it plain? I'm torn!)

And I also found this cute little milk glass pedestal bowl that matches a platter I got at an estate sale last year. For $2.99, it seemed like a good buy and a worthy companion to a piece I'm already using. I've been too busy to do much thrifting lately, but these fun funds were certainly worth that five-minute shopping spree! 

 

4 comments:

  1. Of course you needed to go inside the store! That wooden teacup is wonderful and I think you should paint it aqua and decoupage some roses onto it. I have a similar white bowl that belonged to one of my grandmothers, and I’ve been known to thread ribbon through those holes on the outer edge and tie a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden teacup container will be great in your craft room. I wonder if a light sand would take off the black line and words?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you went inside! I do the same thing, take items in the back door and items out the front door! Have you ever bought back one of your donations? I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t know why it didn’t publish Frances L

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!