Monday, May 22, 2023

'Tis the season … no, really!


On Saturday, I ran in Hobby Lobby to get an ink pad, and as always, my eye gets drawn to those bright-orange clearance stickers scattered on items throughout the store. This time, I saw one on a package containing a cute Christmas mug die set and thought, "Wait a minute… I always say I'm going to get started on Christmas cards early. This is a sign!" And of course the good discount was another sign, so yesterday, I made my first Christmas card of 2023!


I collect every Christmas cup/mug die set I can find, so I was happy to discover a new one. These Momenta dies were super easy to use, and I really like the way this card turned out. I didn't have any brown card stock to make the cookies in the package photo, but I think I like the card better without them because it focuses on the tea mug. The green background was made with one of Stampin' Up's Scalloped Contours dies, which are absolutely the best all-purpose background dies I've ever owned. (Got mine from my friend Kathy here, if you're interested in these.)


I'll wait and add a sentiment at Christmastime, whether that's a "Thank you" or a "You're invited" or simply "Merry Christmas." Or maybe I'll make a few cards that say nothing and just use them as notecards during December. If you're a card crafter, too, you may want to check out your local Hobby Lobby before these sale dies get scooped up!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! And on sale - that’s even better.😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! Especially the holly and the candy cane. All the colors go so well together. I'm really impressed that you've made your first Christmas card of 2023 so early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas in May, oh my! You are way ahead in your Christmas card creations. Very pretty card! Don’t forget to sign your handmade masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous! Way to go on starting Christmas cards now. I've made them once. I should do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Good idea to make them in the summer. I always wait until it's too late!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!