Friday, May 26, 2023

A new treat from Twinings


I realize it's just now feeling like spring in some parts of the country, but here in Georgia, we've already had a few overly warm days that had me reaching for some iced tea. And now that I've learned to cold-brew tea in the fridge, I'm willing to slap any ol' tea bag that strikes my fancy into a glass of water, and I'll sip on it all day. So when I saw this jar of Pineapple & Coconut Cold Water Infusions from Twinings on sale at Kroger this week, I decided to give it a try.


Frankly, the flavor is what appealed to me most. I know probiotics are good for you, though, and if I can get them in my tea (or tisane, in this case), so much the better. This blend contains white hibiscus, lemon balm, apple pieces, and natural coconut and pineapple flavor.


You're supposed to steep this infusion in a water bottle, but I like to steep mine in a glass of ice water, and I imagine the result is much the same. The pineapple-coconut flavor of this one was delicious and refreshing, and I hope to grab another jar of these while they're still on sale this week!

5 comments:

  1. I noted down this tea, that flavor sounds delightful. I will soon start cold brewing pitchers of tea in this warmer weather, I use a stainless steel tea ball that is sized for a pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually drink cold tea, but that flavor combination sounds so good, I might have to try it! I will keep my eyes open for it at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela! I recently found a good selection of these Twinings teas at Ollies! I bought two to try...mango/passionfruit and blueberry/apple. Maybe you can find more at your Ollies...their price $1.79.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! And yes, iced tea season is upon us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!