Wednesday, May 3, 2023

A birthday gift of my favorite tea!

 


While we were on our crafting retreat over the weekend, my friend Kathy surprised me with a gift of what is simply my all-time favorite tea, Emperor's Bride from The Tea Room in Savannah. It occurred to me that this is how long I've been drinking this tea: Kathy first recommended it to me as a delicious remedy for cramps (way) back in the day. Considering that we're both post-menopause now (can I say that here?), it's safe to say we've been sipping Emperor's Bride for a long, long time.


Ironically enough, The Tea Room in Savannah is not, in fact, a tearoom. It used to be, though! But even after the tearoom closed, their teas remained popular, and you can find them online here or at their shop at 14 East Macon St. in downtown Savannah. My favorite tea ever is their Keisarin Morsian, which they describe as a "Finnish tea (that) has a base of Assam and Ceylon teas. Pineapple chunks and dried orange peel are added, and it is enhanced with thistle petals and essence of quince and elderflower." They say it's the most popular tea they stock!


Kathy gave me a whole brand-new bag of this fabulous tea, and I even enjoy looking at the pineapple bits and flower petals in the loose tea. (I may or may not have had four cups of it yesterday.)


She also included some Tupelo honey from the Savannah Bee Company, and while I don't normally sweeten my tea, I decided to try it in the Emperor's Bride, and it was fabulous!

Also while in Lavonia, we visited a weekend festival with some pottery by the Meaders family, so that's where I found this beautiful seafoam-green mug. With my favorite tea inside, it's the perfect souvenir of a weekend with dear friends!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift. I might have to buy myself some as an early birthday present. The Savannah Bee Company has such fun products. If you like hot stuff, they have a hot honey that is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you really like that Finnish tea blend! Finns are known to be big consumers of coffee, but in recent years tea-drinking has gained in popularity there. I've traveled a lot in Finland in the past, and HAVE drunk that Keisarin Morsian blend long ago, but will have to try it again. Different companies have different ingredients in their blends with that name, but they all seem to have elderflower and quince in them. Your new seafoam-green pottery mug looks like it would feel really nice in one's hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you happiness and blessings throughout your birthday year.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How yummy that sounds! It’s a lovely gift for a lovely lady. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so happy you love your gift! Love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!