Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Friendship gifts of tea!


I am so suspicious by nature that I am rarely surprised. This year, however, I must say that tea friends old and new have greatly surprised and delighted me with some tea gifts that were thoroughly unexpected and thoroughly enjoyed! First, when I met my friend Joy for Christmas tea recently, she gave me this yummy-smelling Southern Sweet Tea candle. I've never seen such a thing!


And isn't the pottery pretty? I love things with a crackle-finished glaze, so I will enjoy using this piece even after the candle is long gone.


Also that day, Joy brought along something that she thought I already had, and she suggested I use it for a blog giveaway. Well, guess what? I did *not* have this lovely Willow Tree Angel of the Kitchen by Susan Lordi, so — surprise! — I'm keeping it. (But I will make up for it by trying to find some really cool things for my Valentine's Week giveaways in 2023!)


Another day before Christmas, a gift from Cara in Iowa appeared in the mail. What could it be? It was something I think is especially divine: Peach Tea Cotton Candy. I haven't had cotton candy very often since I was a little girl, but I have certainly always enjoyed it. Cotton candy is one of the best candy treats ever, and this peach tea flavor is wonderful and really is reminiscent of peach tea!


And look at the design of the lid! Once I polish off the cotton candy (which will occur sooner rather than later), I'm going to use the cute container in my craft room. This thoughtful gift also came with some delicious caramels and Christmas tea bags. What a fun, fun, fun surprise!


And last week, I received a package from Teresa, a tea blog reader from Ohio whom I had the pleasure of meeting during Phyllis Barkey's Southern Tea Tour way back in 2018. Inside was this …


A Santa mug plush throw! Can you believe it? I'd certainly never seen a blanket with my beloved Santa tea mugs or I would have purchased it immediately. What a delightful and well-timed gift! I'm sure you've been reading about (if not experiencing) cold temperatures all across the country, and here in Georgia, we are absolute wimps when it comes to cold weather. Once I got through oohing and aahing and showing off this blanket to my husband, I snuggled right under it, and to be honest, I haven't moved much since (except to go eat some more cotton candy or light a candle, ha!). Lots of tea and hot chocolate have been enjoyed beneath this blanket already!


And last but not least, since my dear friend Kathy recently moved several hours away and is still unpacking, I assumed she wouldn't have time to send her famous handmade cards this year, and that would have been understandable. Then I got *this* lovely card from her in the mail and was so tickled, as I can tell she made it just for me with all the cute pink colors and the sweet mug.

So there you go! I got some truly wonderful teatime treats for Christmas, and I'll bet you all did too. Did friends or family (or yourself) gift you with any tea-themed presents? I'd love to hear about them!

8 comments:

  1. You are one lucky lady, much deserved! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very nice surprise presents! I didn't get any tactual ea-themed gifts, but I DID ask for cookies to go with my afternoon tea. So my sisters In North Carolina and Tennessee send me some wonderful cookies, both homemade ones and some from Germany and Scotland, so I am all set for some cozy little tea-times just with myself,
    Happy New Year to Angela and all who read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Special cookies will give you some lovely teatimes indeed!

      Delete
  3. What lovely gifts. I received 1 tea themed gift, a tea bag squeezer with the word tea written on one of the squeezers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds cool! Must be from someone who knows you well!

      Delete
  4. My sweet daughter-in-love gave me two big mugs with tea infusers and lids. They are beautiful. I love all of your gifts, and I know you will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend made me some lovely teacup "mug rugs" an embroidered tea towel, and some teabags. My best present this Christmas was the presence of my children and grandchildren though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful teatime treasures. I used to have an angel with the teapot, now where is she? Off to the hunt. Love the candle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!