Friday, December 23, 2022

Finishing touches …


Last year, I shared my "Santa mug" cabinet with you all and got so many nice comments that I thought I would share this year's version. I've found or been given so much great vintage stuff that now, vintage goodies of every sort fill almost every nook and cranny, including the dancing Mr. and Mrs. Santa that a shopkeeper friend mailed me a few weeks ago. I had seen dancing Santas before, but I never knew he came with Mrs. Claus! The teacups were a tight squeeze behind them, but hey, I got them in, and the pretty green bell at front? That was a surprise gift from my friend Joy last year!


And just this week, I made a porch pickup after a new writer friend told me she had some old pieces that were her mom's, and I could have them if I wanted to come by for them sometime. She sent pix of these three caroling angel bells, and I thought, "Are you kidding me?" These pieces are like gold to collectors of vintage Christmas goodies—if you can find them. I promised her I will give them a good home, and she obviously believed me. When I got home with the bag, she had included the Santa planter behind them too! Yippee!


To my surprise, I discovered I have a boot collection. See the one at left that says "Merry Christmas" on the green band at top? That was once a candy container, and I bought this piece solely (ha!) because of what was on the bottom …


Isn't that delightful?


This year, I also came across (finally!) a few vintage knee-hugger elves. Pretty sure I remember these guys from my childhood Christmases of the sixties.


There's a particular booth that I always visit at the antique mall in Douglasville, and the vendor there clearly loves old ephemera as much as I do. I found some old jingle bells and ornament hangers in the original packaging for just a few dollars, and I love them so much!


Alex and I keep saying we really dislike this old wallpaper in the kitchen and need to have it removed and painted over, but he pointed out that, for once, it actually goes well with the decor! Today, I hope to get those last cards in the mail, deliver a few gifts, then maybe read or take a nap as I shift gears from parties and presents and get ready to celebrate the *real* gift—the baby in a manger! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, friends!

10 comments:

  1. Good morning, Angela
    I love everything in your cabinet and the cabinet itself! What a fun collection! And the wallpaper is festive too..
    Merry Christmas!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so good! I love the way you've displayed everything. Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just a joy to see! I love every bit of it. You inspired me to use my Santa mugs to decorate my china hutch this year. If you would like to see it I'm at kigwit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your display is lovely! My Grandma had a similar style cabinet and she would fill it with cakes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many treasures!! I love them all!!!!
    Merry Christmas!!! Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treasures for sure! Love lefton Christmas ! Merry Christmas! Donnaz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cabinet and the display of your vintage treasures is so cheerful! It is a lot of work to do. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas! - Cara

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful collection! And I love the vintage wallpaper, too! Merry Christmas to everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely display. You have a beautiful vintage collection. Most our things are vintage,too. Those carolers are precious. Wishing you and yours a Blessed and Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2023. God Bless.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charming vintage items displayed so lovely…vintage is my fav…love the tea cups…thank you so much for sharing. Hope your holidays are as sweet as can be…V.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!