Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Some fun tea-ish finds for Christmas


I accidentally got some bleach on some teal-colored kitchen towels last week, and the white streaks were bugging me, so I looked for some new dish towels when I was in T. J. Maxx this week. This design caught my eye because of the cheerful tiered tray and the tea mug. The set included two of this design and one plain red one for $9.99, which is a pretty good price for thick kitchen towels these days.


When I was standing in line, though, I looked at the tag for the first time and only then realized these are by Rachel Ashwell! That just floored me because I've been a fan of her Shabby Chic books (and style) for years, and this is most assuredly *not* Shabby Chic style. If she's ever used the color red at all in her decor, I can't remember it. And while I (obviously) liked the towels, I just found the branding such an odd thing. (Thoughts?)


And a quick run by Dollar Tree turned up this cute nine-inch-square plastic container with a teacup on it.


I decided I could use it for cookie storage when I get started on my baking, and afterward, it can be "tea ornament storage" to keep this container looking nice each year. So there you go, some fun finds that won't break your Christmas budget!

3 comments:

  1. Cute finds! I love to find budget-friendly cute things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute finds. I guess Rachel Ashwell is branching out these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen towels and the plastic container are both really nice! I was at TJ Maxx yesterday, but sure didn't see those little tea towels--I would have bought them if I had. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!