Monday, December 12, 2022

Tea wares, tea memories


Christmas decorating is going to be a December-long process this year, apparently. Over the weekend, I realized that I now have so many collections that I'm having to get creative about how and where to display them. I'm not through with the kitchen cabinet displaying Santa mugs and all that kitschy stuff I love (though I hope to finish in a day or two), but I did accomplish a few other things. First, I decided it was time to relocate my fancier Christmas teapots from above the kitchen cabinets and let them feel "special" for Christmas, so I took all the china and glass out of my great-grandmother's old secretary, no small task, and substituted Christmas wares. 


These include a Spode Christmas teapot that I remember buying with my mom one year …


And a matching Spode tea-for-one teapot.


There's this Christmas chintz teapot I found at T. J. Maxx years ago, probably my favorite Christmas teapot.


And then there's the "Cup of Christmas Tea" teapot that so many of us have. I remember so fondly how I first heard this tale at a friend's Christmas tea many years ago, so I think of her when I pull out these pieces.


And on the key to the cabinet, a teapot ornament from Joy just because it looks cute there!


And you know how I shared my white tea-themed Christmas tree last week? I really like that tree, but I briefly had the thought that it didn't seem quite as full of ornaments as it has in the past. Oh well. Then I kept pulling out boxes this week and couldn't remember what I'd stored in a certain square box I came to. I removed the lid. Oh! The rest of my tea-themed Christmas ornaments!


So here's more of the tea-themed tree, part two! All of these ornaments below were gifts from blog readers over the years, and for that reason, they are especially dear to me. Do you have Christmas decorations that are dear to you because of the memories? Or do you just decorate with whatever strikes your fancy that year?






6 comments:

  1. My Christmas tree is filled with memories! Most of the tea-themed ornaments (on a small table-top tree) I have bought myself, but on my larger tree it seemed that almost every ornament reminded me of someone or some place. Your secretary looks lovely and festive. Enjoy all the trappings of this special season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your china cabinet with all the Christmas teapots and teacups in it is wonderful! And I'm glad you found your box of the rest of your tea-themed ornaments to go on the little white tree. (I have a few boxes that I need to find, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspiring! I especially love the display in the glass cabinet. Yes, it’s work, but when it brings us so much joy, it’s worth it!

    We’re going to Germany to be with our daughter and SIL for Christmas so I have not done any decorating this year. Thanks for sharing yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love seeing all your Christmas tea themed things. My favorite is the same teapot you say is your favorite, chintz! I no long put up a tea themed tree, but have a few special tea themed ornaments on my only tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tea-themed Christmas tree, Angela, as well as your secretary displaying your Christmas china. A couple of years ago I emptied out one of my china cabinets to display all my Christmas china. It was a bigger job than I anticipated - especially since I had to repack all the Christmas things a few weeks later and refill the cabinet with year-round china. I haven't displayed my Christmas china since! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying seeing all your tea themed decorating. I love how you decorated the secretary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!