Friday, December 30, 2022

One last Christmas hurrah!


My stepson, Hunter, and our grandkids, Bella and Owen, came down yesterday for a visit, so I left all the decorations out and made a quick and easy brunch for us all to enjoy! Alex liked it and said he hoped I got a picture of everything, and I was glad he said that because I did decide to stop and take some photos.


I love making a good old-fashioned sausage breakfast casserole since it’s assembled the night before, and all you have to do is pop it into the oven the next morning.


Using a vintage Christmas tree cookie cutter, I made Brown Sugar Shortbread.


This Betty Crocker Toffee Bar recipe is one I’ve made before. So quick and easy and sooo good!


I’d already made ambrosia, so I scooped some into these mini glasses for a nice presentation.


And just so the boys wouldn’t go hungry, I made mini and larger-size ham biscuits (well, Bisquick biscuits; I was going for easy).


Didn’t want the guys to use the ladylike tea and toast sets, so they got ceramic dishes from Martha Stewart.


Bella and I used these Salem China tea and toast sets that I found last year—the first time they’ve been used—and I think they're so cute and cheerful.


Here's another view. We happily sipped our Earl Gray from them!


We had a great time visiting with these three!


But the biggest news of the day: Bella, who is about to turn sixteen, just got her first set of wheels, so it was a Merry Christmas indeed!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your vintage tablecloth, and your brunch looks delicious. I helped my daughter make ambrosia - it is a labor of love indeed, but was greatly enjoyed. It's been a crazy few days around here (extreme cold, canceled flights, etc.) but we celebrated Christ's birth anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a festive table! We were too lazy to even bring out our Christmas dishes this year. I’m so glad you like the cotton candy! Happy New Year! - Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your festive table. Everything looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a wonderful Christmas brunch! It's great that you got to celebrate with that part of your family. in such a festive way. Mmmm, I could sure use one of those ham biscuits right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is just lovely, Angela. Know your family enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a festive celebration. For some reason the ambrosia looked so refreshing. I haven't made a breakfast casserole in years, but maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous brunch for your family, Angela. Your table, dishes, and all your food looked amazing. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!