Monday, December 19, 2022

A Christmas Wedding for Madison!


Those of you who've been reading this blog for a while may recall seeing photos of three little girls at tea over the years, my nieces Madison, Cari, and Amelia. Madison married her sweetheart, Logan, yesterday in neighboring Carrollton, and I found myself wondering where the time has gone!


It seems like just yesterday that we were doing this! (Amelia hadn't yet joined the world.)


The venue was a historic home that is now an event center, and it was beautifully decorated for the holidays. They had spacious rooms upstairs where the girls could get ready, and that was where I got a picture of my sister, Rhonda, and niece-bridesmaids Amelia and Cari. I can't believe how grown-up these girls are now!


I got there early so I could a) change into my gown and b) nose around the place. I'm glad I did, because I found an unexpected surprise in the form of some display cabinets with tea wares, like this lovely blue double-spouted teapot …


And some pretty red transfer ware!




I had assumed there would be tea to drink, and there was plenty of it at the buffet-style reception, but when I saw lemonade, too, I knew what I would be drinking: an Arnold Palmer!


Here's my sister's family (minus bride and groom) following the ceremony.



And here are Madison and Logan cutting their wedding cake.


Madison thoughtfully spent time with all of us, and Aunt Jane was obviously very happy to have her photo taken with the bride.


And here I am with my own sweetheart! It was truly a beautiful day, and we're all wishing Madison and Logan a long and happy marriage!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so lovely - what a nice venue! And your dress was beautiful. I always enjoy seeing wedding pictures, thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice photos! I'm glad you found the display cabinets with the historical tea wares--those are just my cup of tea, too. Congratulations to the bride and groom and to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. Congratulations to the new couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! And you look beautiful! Loved seeing the teaware too. They were unusual and quite pretty. Thanks for sharing the wedding with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wedding. Congratulations to the couple! Wonderful picture of you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely couple and family…congratulations to them all…the best photo is of you and your sweetheart, you two are adorable♥️ xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!