Friday, September 16, 2022

Ready for Fall Tea Time


The new issue of Tea Time has arrived, and it reminded me of something Tea Time–related that I meant to share! If you've read the magazine for years, you've no doubt read articles by British tea expert Jane Pettigrew. I have several of her books and met her at a World Tea Expo many years ago, and she was just as lovely as I'd expected. Well, she emailed me the other morning asking to use some of my photos to accompany one of her upcoming articles in Tea Time! I was so honored she would want to use them that I immediately said yes and sent her the photos. I believe it's going to be in the January/February 2023 issue, so that's going to be something fun to look forward to. Meanwhile, I am delighted to start thinking of new fall teatime treats thanks to this new issue.

Now first, I have to share a chintz design I don't believe I've ever seen before, the one on this Royal Winton Grimwades Peony chintz teapot. Isn't it gorgeous? I'm not normally a fan of black-and-white tea wares, but I absolutely love this.

The fall treats in the September/October issue are some of my favorites each year, and this spread shows some particularly yummy-looking ones.

Did you note these Spiced Apple Parfaits? I love the presentation, perhaps because I have these very dessert glasses, and I also love these flavors. I've already made an Apple-Pecan cobbler this fall (I'll try to share the recipe here soon), and now I've got even more new fall treats to try. Are you doing any fall baking yet?

5 comments:

  1. How exciting that one of your photos will be in Tea Time! And yes, those fall treats look wonderful. I am very much ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very neat that Jane Pettigrew asked to use some of your photos in "Tea Time" magazine! I look forward to seeing that article. My Fall issue of "Tea Time" hasn't arrived yet, but I'm glad to see that there are some nice articles in it. I have not done any autumn baking yet myself, but I'm thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your photos being in "Tea Time". That black and white tea pot is gorgeous! I'm going to hold off on fall baking until the weather makes up it's mind as to what season it wants to be in. It was kind of fall like this week but next week is back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever Tea Time arrives it is a time to sit awhile and savor. What an honor to get asked to share some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, that was just me commenting. Now why does it always say "Anonymous"? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!