Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Gallivanting through the countryside … and finding tea!


On Sundays after church, Alex and I have started taking short road trips to local spots within an hour or two of home. We've made some fun discoveries, and this past Sunday, we headed south to Manchester and Warm Springs. These old smoke stacks were at the site of an old textile mill.


They're right across from a lovely pond, so picturesque on a nice fall day.



These visitors sure loved it!


Then we headed to Warm Springs, where we enjoyed some great barbecue and a little shopping. I bought some rhinestone jewelry for myself and for a friend's Christmas gift, and I also found a new flavor of Piper & Leaf Loose Tea that seemed perfect for fall, their Sweetie Pie Chai.

When I pulled the resealable pouch out of their signature logo bag, I was pleased to see that I could inspect the tea without even opening it. It contains Sweet Potato, Cinnamon, Tulsi, Ginger, Licorice Root, Clove, Organic Flavor, and Cassia Oil.

Spicy and sweet, this "root and herb infusion" was a great "dessert tea" and one that I am now sipping my way through like nobody's business! I don't always find tea on our jaunts through the local countryside, but it's sure nice when I do.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely day for an afternoon drive, and that tea sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the duck and geese! Your Sunday afternoon drives sound like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!