Monday, May 16, 2022

Some Most Pleasurable Reading: Eden & Vine Magazine

Have you noticed that sometimes, social media nails it on their ad preferences for you, and sometimes, they really, really don't? I actually kind of like it when my various news feeds suggest articles and products I would never be interested in, because that saves me time (in reading) and money (in ordering). So there's that. But when an ad popped into my feed a while back (on Instagram, I believe) for this absolutely gorgeous magazine called Eden & Vine, a magazine "dedicated to the cultivation  of beauty and truth in everyday life," I checked out their website here and liked what I saw, so I ordered the latest copy. Isn't that cover delightful?

I turned the page and found yet another beautiful rose image inside, printed on thick card stock.

Then, when I turned it over, I found it included a favorite psalm, Psalm 91. I wasn't expecting a keepsake, so that was a fun surprise gift.

The photography is simply beautiful, and some of the articles are sweet devotional type pieces, like this one inspired by a mom's afternoon walk with her little boy (the mom in this case happens to be the magazine's founder, and after reading this piece, I already like her).

What I was not expecting, but was delighted to find, were several articles on tea! I once tried ice-steeped tea, but I did not know that it was called Kouridashi tea, so I enjoyed learning more about that process here.

I also found a recipe for matcha popsicles with blueberries and cream, so I'll be picking up some popsicle molds soon to give these a try. The magazine is what I'd call a "luxury magazine" purchase ($21.99 per issue), yet I'm pretty sure I'll be a regular now because the quality and articles aren't like anything I've seen anywhere else. There's even an Eden & Vine "Teahouse" with tea for sale, so I'm convinced I've found some wonderful new kindred spirits here. (No affiliation, just a very happy customer who didn't want to keep this yummy new publication to myself.)

4 comments:

  1. I usually skip right over the ads but I can see why this one caught your eye! Lovely photographs and inspiring articles, a great mix. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really looks like a beautiful magazine, I was not familiar with it. I'm glad you found it, or rather, it found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magazine sounds delightful and you know I love a good magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful magazine. Enjoy.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!