Friday, May 6, 2022

Recipe for a Happy Birthday!

So my birthday was Wednesday (58, for those who wonder, and I'm grateful for each of those years), and the day started on a lovely note with some wonderful gifts from my husband. He apparently went to great lengths in his shopping this year, finding things related to writing and books as well as several goodies pertaining to teatime. The gift that thrilled me most, by far, was this vintage recipe tin with a teakettle on it that he found at an antique mall!

This makes my fourth box of these old recipes that I've gotten in the last year, and I read these things like they're the latest hit novel, trying to piece together the life of the woman who collected them. (This woman was a fan of chocolate and prunes. Go figure.)

He also surprised me with the latest issue of Daphne's Diary, an export that doesn't seem to land here in the US until several weeks after it's published, so the Easter issue was the newest one, and it had so many lovely things inside!

Like these bunny rolls for Easter. How fun!

And a springtime cake. I'd love to learn to make a cake like this.

Then I came across a feature on teas! Really, turning each page was like opening another gift.

Sometimes, the magazine even includes pull-out posters in the back, and this issue did as well. And look what the design is this time!

A teapot with handwriting in the background. Wow! Definitely started my day off in a fun way before I went shopping in nearby Senoia and Griffin for some birthday splurges. Next week, I'll share what I found along the way! (You can probably guess an item or two …)

9 comments:

  1. What wonderful, thoughtful birthday presents from your husband! He definitely sounds like a keeper! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful presents. The pullout poster made me smile. I like the teapot better than the singers/movie stars I plastered my walls with as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Angela. Your husband put much thought into your presents. All are thoughtful and fun.
    Blessings
    Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex did a great job - so thoughtful! Your gifts are wonderful and you'll continue to enjoy them. I look forward to seeing your shopping finds. Continue the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother had a recipe box just like that one--but she never lived in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta, wouldn't it be fun if I *did* discover a recipe box that belonged to someone who happens to read this blog? Thanks to the internet, I imagine it's possible!

      Delete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA. Wishing you a year of happiness and blessings.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a very Happy Birthday which continues on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my mother used to have a recipe tin like that one. What a nice find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!