Monday, May 23, 2022

Craft retreat at Lake Hartwell


Last night, I got in from a lovely four-day craft retreat on Lake Hartwell with a dozen crafting friends. The group includes a couple of us from Newnan, quite a few from Savannah, and one who flies in from Texas. We always assemble on Sunday morning for a group photo before we start heading home, and here's this year's pic.


Previously, we gathered in Pine Mountain, Georgia, but that crafting cottage was all booked up for the spring, so our group started looking at other venues and decided to give this crafting cottage on Lake Hartwell a try. We loved it and have already made plans to go back in the fall and twice next year!


Rocking chairs and a swing on the front porch, a screened-in deck overlooking the lake, and another swing near the dock leading down to the lake were just a few of the many amenities. I should have taken more photos of the lovely home, but I was too busy chatting and crafting. I think all of us, though, managed to steal a few quiet moments alone. Here's a photo I snapped to send my husband while we were chatting on the phone one evening while I was away.


Downstairs, we each had our own crafting table complete with lighting, outlets, trash can, and a clamp-on water bottle holder. (Forgot to take photos! Sorry!) But what I did remember to photograph when I got home was the primary craft I worked on at the retreat—new cards I made using the Cup of Tea bundle from Stampin' Up. I had ordered the supplies from my demonstrator friend Kathy and asked her to just bring them to the retreat. 


This is a sample of the cards I made, and I had so much fun making them!


This turquoise card featuring some of their pretty new papers was one of my favorites to make.


But they have so many teapot and teacup papers, I'll be making teatime cards for quite a while to come! Naturally, we enjoyed some shopping at the local boutiques and antique shops while we were at the lake, so later this week, I'll share some of the teatime goodies I found, including something unique for the outdoors!


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun, productive time. You are so multi-talented. Looking forward to seeing your 'finds'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really sounds like an enjoyable crafting retreat! And your cards are so beautiful. I especially like the little lemon slices on some of them, since I am a big fan of lemon in my tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time. Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pretty cards! I'm so glad your group found such a lovely place for your crafting retreats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful venue for a craft retreat. It's always so fun to see what everyone is working on. And that new stamp set is so cute! I might have to order it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!