Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Calming chamomile

A new herbal tea blend at Ollie's caught my eye the other day, and it was this "Unwind" Passionflower & Camomile tea from Twinings, which, curiously enough, is a spiced apple and vanilla blend. I found the description a bit confusing, but then I read on and discovered that it contains all of those things, so there you go. (The Brits, by the way, can spell it "camomile" all they like, but I'm going with "chamomile" because that missing "h" drives me nuts.)

As always, I prefer that tea bags be individually wrapped, both for freshness and because that makes them portable.

And this tea was a lovely change from the usual chamomile teas I've tried. The tiny bit of spice and the sweetness from the apple and vanilla made this a great treat, like a dessert tea, and I'm happy to have discovered it, especially since it was just $1.99 a box at Ollie's. Are you a fan of chamomile tea?

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a tea I might be a fan of - we don't have an Ollie's here but several places carry Twinings so I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never cared for chamomile tea. The addition of spice, apple, and vanilla to this version has to make it taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. I like chamomile tea. I'll have to look for this next time I'm at Ollies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to look for that tea. It sounds really good and perfect for evenings when I don't want caffeine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I run across this tea! It sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for sharing!
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!