Monday, February 7, 2022

Valentines for the tea trolley

 


Since Valentine's Week is upon us, I decided it was time to redecorate the tea trolley, and it also gave me an opportunity to use the vintage heart-shaped candy boxes I started collecting last year. I love, love, love those things, and once in a while, I actually find one I can afford!


My newest is this pretty pink one, a slightly smaller size of the pink candy box I found last year. I looked at the candy boxes in the grocery store the other day and wondered why companies stopped making such pretty containers. The way these things are being scooped up on eBay, there is definitely a market for them.


But my favorite new decoration is what I'm calling my Valentine's Tree, inspired by one I saw in an antique mall last weekend. I almost bought their miniature red tree to decorate with my vintage tea-themed valentines, but then I remembered my pink feather tree that I've often used at Christmas, and I decorated it just like the store did by attaching the valentines with tiny clothespins. 

And following are some of the valentines on my tree, mostly as a reminder that tomorrow begins SEVEN days of giveaways! I'll be sharing a "new" vintage valentine each day (one I've acquired in the last year), and I will also be giving away a tea-themed item each day. So beginning tomorrow, please join in the fun and enter daily so that I can show my L*O*V*E for all of you dear tea friends!








12 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your vintage Valentines, and I really like the idea of displaying them on the tree. I may have to try this next year, even with "new" Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, I will need pictures, of course. :)

      Delete
    2. I agree Joy, this post fills my heart. Angela, I love that you treasure these vintage tea-themed valentines. I'm enjoying your pictures of them.

      Delete
  2. I used to get my mama a valentine box of candy every year and she saved them. They were always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute Valentine's display on your tea cart! Your sweet vintage Valentines remind me of the ones we used to exchange when I was in grade school. I particularly like the card with the doggie waiter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Valentine tree and card collection. I know I have some vintage Valentine's, now if I could remember where I put them. I do have a couple heart shaped boxes too, they are so pretty. I love your new pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations are so pretty. I remember getting a valentines candy box as a child. It was red, ruffled, and had a doll attached. I still have the doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Ginger! What a great keepsake from your childhood!

      Delete
  6. What a charming display of Valentines! I love love the boxes. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!