Friday, February 18, 2022

The "Poparazzi" in California

 


Whenever I travel, there's always some toiletry I've forgotten to pack, and this time it was hand cream. Happily, we went by a CVS soon after arriving in town, and I found this hand cream by Poparazzi.


When I can't decide which fragrance to try, I always get the one with "Tea" in the name, and this Eucalyptus & Tea variety did the trick. It actually smells more like some light floral than eucalyptus, but that's fine.


And as so often happens, I purchased the hand cream and only later realized there's no tea in it that I can find. Oh well!


But speaking of paparazzi (spelled the normal way), I did manage to snap photos of two famous folks' houses since arriving in California this week. Our taxi driver had barely pulled out of the airport when I spotted an unusual-looking house up in the hills and asked, "Whose house is that?" Turns out, it's Bob Hope's old house, and if you Google it, you may be as amazed as I was at what a modern house he had in Palm Springs.


I've been spending the week as a guest in a nearby community called Indian Wells, and I can look out my bedroom window and see this house, which was President Eisenhower's old home here. Cool, huh! 

6 comments:

  1. Hopefully the cream feels good on your hands, despite the deceptive name. (I wonder who thought putting "and Tea" in the title was a good idea, with no tea in the product.)
    Sounds like you're enjoying your stay in California. Eisenhower's home looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very nice that you have a good look at that interesting architecture! I love to look at architecture whenever I travel. When I think of Indian Wells, California, the first thing that comes to mind is tennis--they have a well-known tournament there every year in their big tennis stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe floral eucalyptus is a new scent? I recently purchased eucalyptus shampoo that smells like flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool to see the homes of such famous people! The hand cream sounds very nice. I always forget something too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the modern style of the houses there. The warm weather just works well with this style.

    ReplyDelete

  6. The Indian Wells photo is impressive. Great wall picture.


      🦩 🦩👀
    🦩        🦩
              🦩
            🦩
          🦩     🦩🦩
        🦩    🦩🦩🦩🦩
        🦩    🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩
          🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩
                 🦩 🦩
                 🦩        🦩
                 🦩 🦩
            🦩🦩
                 🦩
                 🦩
             🦩🦩


    .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!