Wednesday, February 16, 2022

A memorable Valentine's Day


So I'm blogging from sunny Southern California, where my husband is here to meet with a ghostwriting client, and I'm tagging along for the week! I'd been to the northern part of the state before but not the southern part, and it's been a lovely surprise so far. (More photos to come, I'm sure.) When I think of California, I think of palm trees, and they did not disappoint!


After flying in from Atlanta, we looked forward to an early dinner on the evening of Valentine's Day, and we found a nice little restaurant near us called Eureka. I saw they had lavender tea on the menu and ordered it, and it was one of the best herbal teas I've ever had. The lavender taste was light and subtle, and the tea was garnished with a pansy and mint. And isn't that glass pretty!


Alex had a fancy burger, and I had their blackened salmon salad, which was great. I'm always happy to find something that isn't fast food when I'm eating while on the road.


And when we got back to our hotel, this was waiting for us in the room.


Heart-shaped chocolate truffles. What a fun surprise and a lovely welcome to California!

7 comments:

  1. That lavendar tea is beautiful with its pretty garnish and pretty glass. And your salad looks delicious, as do those heart shaped chocolates. Enjoy the warm weather and palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tea is beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful time and great weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea looks delicious! And so do those truffles! Hope you are having lots of FUN! Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are having a very nice time in Southern California! That lavender tea drink is so pretty--and so are those chocolate truffles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! Pretty tea and glass! Enjoy your travels and how wonderful for Alex! Enjoy your travels! Loving your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely start to your time there. The food and that drink look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!