Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tea & Lace

My nearly-finished crazy quilt has been on my mind lately, and to finish up I need a few more embellishments. I decided to look for some tea-themed goodies on Etsy and came across the most delightful seller, a Judith Brainerd of Olympia, Washington, whose lace appliques are gorgeous and quite, quite affordable!

This teapot, which like all her laces she makes herself on her sewing machine one piece at a time, is 3-1/2 x 3-1/4 inches.

The teacup (with cute teabag!) is 3-1/4 x 2-3/4 inches. Each piece is just $1.99, which I think is a terrific price! I'm planning to use my appliques on a crazy quilt, and I plan to tea-dye them a soft ivory. But wouldn't these also be great framed individually, or stitched on a small pillow, or used in scrapbooking or embellishing a denim shirt, or maybe even canvas tennis shoes? I can think of lots of uses for these lace appliques. If you want some yourself, go here to visit Judith's shop on Etsy.

15 comments:

  1. Dear Angela,
    I can't wait to see your crazy quilt when it is completed. That must have been so much fun to create. What you found here will be perfect for your quilt!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are sweet, I received an lace angel made the same way for a tea exchange a couple of years ago.
    I'm not sure what a crazy quilt is but know yours will have a tea theme.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Thank you for sharing this find with us, I can think of several fun uses for these. They'll be just right on your crazy quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply perfect for your crazy quilt, and a myriad of other uses, too! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice lace pieces and definitely could be used for a lot of different things. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be very nice on a hand made tea towel as a gift, too - thanks for the heads up, Angela!

    Also you seem to have a really strange comment, I got one of those the other day too - I deleted it....I have a funny feeling it is the beginning of potential bad stuff.

    I hope you have a good firewall, I hope I have a good enough one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. I just ordered some! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the "creation"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just remembering: I have a lot of "worn" table cloths and those would work well to cover the holes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see your finished crazy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL lace teapot and teacup! Trying to think what I could do with them! ;-) The seller at Etsy may be overrun with orders after your blog post! ;-) I'll anxiously await the revealing of your crazy quilt. March is National Quilting Month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your post today, Angela! I'm thinking of all the possibilities...thanks too for providing the link. Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!