Friday, March 1, 2013

A shop that's gone to pot(s)

You know the old saying about how a good friend will help you move, but a true friend will help you move the bodies? Well, my friend Liz is one of the truest of the true of my friends, and she would, without a doubt, help me "move the bodies." Liz is also my shopkeeper friend, and while lots of stores these days have up very unfriendly signs warning you not to take photos, Liz lets me snap to my heart's content. And of course when I saw her latest efforts at Cydney's Alley in Senoia, I wanted to share them here. Liz knows that I wish like crazy these were teapots instead of coffeepots, but then again, I'd be lusting over them even more if they were teapots! Still, isn't it great to have a whole wall of these on display? Cute, cute, cute!

This lamp immediately caught my eye as well with the enamel coffeepot pouring a stream of "light" into the teacup. Adorable!

Here's a detail from the lamp.

I think these may be reproduction pieces, but they are actually *ceramic* pots that look just like old French enamelware. I had to rap on one to convince myself it wasn't metal!

Nearby was a gorgeous ad for Maxwell House Coffee. So pretty!

Liz is a great storyteller, and I've noticed over the years she loves creating "vignettes" around a particular theme in her store. While "junkin'" recently, she came across this old men's vanity at back and created a mustache-themed scene. Fun!

Photography buffs (like me) will enjoy seeing all the vintage cameras.

And look at this old vanity case! Don't you wish such pretty things were still a part of daily life?

But mainly I was charmed by the hanging pots which take up much of a wall in her shop. Now where can we copy this idea, friends? Along a fence in the garden, perhaps? Hmmm ... it's fun to be inspired! (Special thanks to Liz for letting me take all the photos I want!)

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place! Liz has done wonderful displays and that wall of coffee pots is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend Liz has artistically displayed the coffee pots. I have a big tote full of inherited silver I don't know what to do with. The trays, compotes and things I want are in use. Apparently the antique dealers don't want silver anymore as no one is buying it. Any suggestions?
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Thanks for sharing the pots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun shop and you can tell she enjoys her business. Silverplate used to you very popular in the early 90's but has crashed now. People don't want to have to polish it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun shop! Blessings to your friend, Liz, for allowing you to take photographs to share with us. I enjoyed every single photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun place! Would love to poke around there looking for treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nifty shop. Liz really has a magic touch .Thank You for sharing. Also thank Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd LOVE to go shopping there! wonderful! Blogger can give you fits sometimes....can't it????

    ReplyDelete
  9. She has a unique shop that looks wonderful. She is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute display! Every time you mention this shop, it makes me want to take a road trip to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love your photos, Angela! That looks like a store I need to visit, oh my goodness - the vignettes are calling my name...some stores just have 'It' and this looks like a goldmine to me. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to see this shop. Now I did like seeing the old cameras, but I would love the radio sitting up there on the shelf. The light pouring into the teacup was a very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!