Thursday, February 21, 2013

On sale at Michaels

I always check out those cheapie bins at Michaels when I pay a visit to my local store, and this week those $1.50 goodies are on sale for $1, so I bought a few for my stash, including these Mary Engelbreit notecards and a notepad.

The design on these pieces is perfect for sending to tea friends, and it seems like I am forever sending notes in the mail, so these are great to have on hand.

I also got the matching cupcake baking cups. There are also journals and pens in this design at my store, and somewhere (another tea blog?) I saw nail files, although my store didn't have those.

What they did have, however, were some new designs of cupcake baking cups I think are absolutely gorgeous! Do you use two at a time when you bake cupcakes? I've started doing that, because with one the batter bleeds through and the design doesn't show, but with two at a time, the outer one is all nice and pretty. Someday, I'd love to have a huge stash of pretty cupcake papers so that every batch of cupcakes I make can look nice. And I will get there, a dollar or two at a time!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope my Michael's doesn't sell out before I can get there next week! Cute, cute, cute.
    Angela, I sent you an email this morning. I went back and looked under the post about being the winner and I had left you my address.
    Thank you again, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope that I can get to Michael's before they are all gone.
    Thanks for keeping us informed, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one of the journals to add to a giveaway I'm going to have soon but paid the $1.50 price. It will include a book you might like. :-)
    I use the plain old white liners to bake my cupcakes then put the pretty ones on afterwards.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my , I am without a car today LOL! I actually received one of these note cards from a friend. M.E. is one of my favorite illustrators and I often frame her cards. Thank you for such a lovely post, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Mary Engelbreit! Michael's had the same note cards and journals a few years ago and I bought some then. I may need to go back and get a new supply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did find some of those notecards the last time I was at Michael's. Wish I'd seen the cupcake papers. Maybe I can sneak by there again soon (it's almost 2 hours away) and maybe they'll still have some. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! On my way to Michael's...found the Polly spoon rests at Tuesday Morning. So many treasures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fun! I saw the M.E . Constant Friend items last time I was in, and picked up a couple to give to my best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the heads up! I wish we had a Michael's in town, but hopefully I can get to one after our snow storm finishes up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love M.E. art.

    I saw a very pretty spring garland made with white doilies & cupcake wrappers I plant to copy. The flower papers would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My store had the little note books . I bought 2 .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea to put 2 cupcake papers together. I suppose we could use a plain one on the inside and a print one on the outside, too. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK I check these bins too, but I think you find more than I do. Oh I have a weakness for pretty cupcake papers. I must go soon, those rose ones are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so adorable, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of using two cupcake wrappers! Every time I buy cute ones I always make sure I make a white cake, which is definitely not my preference.

    Thanks for the great tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great deals, Angela - you have such a great 'eye' for treasures! There's something so uplifting about Mary Engelbreit's artwork, I love it. Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those floral liners are so pretty and that's a great idea about using two when making cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!