Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Tea on Tuesday" at The Veranda in Senoia

Well hallelujah and pass the scones, there's a new place to take tea here in Coweta County! The Veranda, a well-known B&B in Senoia, started offering "Tea on Tuesday" a few weeks ago, and my shopkeeper friend Liz and I finally found a Tuesday where we both were able to go! First, we walked in and entered a parlor type room where scones, cream, jam and glasses of iced peach tea were waiting (sorry, but I was famished and didn't stop for a photo!). The scones were delicious, and I enjoyed being able to meet and greet a few of the Senoia ladies I rarely get to see since I am almost always in downtown Newnan at lunchtime. After a few minutes of mingling and eating scones (and the almond-flavored cream, which was divine!), we were led to one of several rooms set up with tables laden with teatime fare.

Some larger groups of women had obviously made their reservations together, but there were also tables for two like my friend and I enjoyed.

I was surprised at the amount of food we received, and very, very glad I had skipped breakfast! First, we had a pot of hot peach tea on our table, and iced teas (which we later had) were available as well. Here are the milk, sugar and lemon for the tea.

We began our meal with an orzo pasta soup, which was tasty and quite hearty, and a Brie and Lentil salad I really enjoyed since I can't seem to get enough vegetables lately!

And now, the tea tray! Our three sandwiches included roasted turkey and cranberry chutney (served on a potato roll, so filling!), a cucumber sandwich and a pimiento cheese sandwich. Sweets included a creamy fresh blueberry dessert, chocolate chip and walnut cookies, pound cake and mini cheesecakes. Liz and I agreed the cheesecakes were our favorite, but then we both *love* sweets. I should also mention that this bounty was just $15, which was more than reasonable, I thought.

Laura, innkeeper at The Veranda, really did a lovely job of making all her guests feel welcome. I was also impressed she took a few minutes to recognize some local artists on hand (including some whose works are featured in a new art gallery there) as well as some local business owners. She seems to really have a heart for bringing her Senoia neighbors together, and what better way to do this than over tea! For more information or to see the menu for the next tea, as I did, go here.

13 comments:

  1. How lovely! It sounds like it was a wonderful experience. Loved seeing your photographs as well. I love checking out new tea rooms - unfortunately, there don't seem to be as many here in the North as there are in other parts of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like great fun. Such a joy when one finds a new tea room experience .. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tea time looks like it had a wonderful menu-and what a deal. Yummy.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela- that was a very nice tea, especially for the price. As a former tea room owner I always appreciate the amount of work and cost that goes into a lovely tea.
    I am so glad you and Liz had a wonderful time!
    Blessings. L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to see this - I wasn't sure if this was a restaurant or bed and breakfast but what lovely food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I see now - a Bed and Breakfast. Here in Colorado the rules are very strict for Commerical Kitchen and some Bed and Breakfast would like to do Tea but would have to spend a fortune on their kitchens. Some of the rules are very "Tea Room" friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's impressive for $15. I am wondering if they used the almond cream recipe from Magnolia and Ivy. Some of the shops food just reminded me of M&I. I have the recipe and use it occasionally for the almond cream. Everything looked so good. Thanks for sharing a new tearoom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun thing to look forward to on Tuesdays. And the price is very reasonable. I hope it is a big hit for the B&B, so that you can enjoy Tuesday tea again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting about this@ I was on my way to Barnesville to visit my dad on Tuesday, and as I usually do, I detoured through Senoia as I went down 16. I spotted the sign and wanted to call my dad right then to say "Sorry can't make it", but I knew better! LOL! I'm so glad to see it was good- you better believe (God willing) I'll be there on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! Looks like an abundance of yummy tea time treats. What a special afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Afternoon tea at the Veranda looks fabulous - can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a divine place to do tea. My friends I held a lovely little tea at my house last week that I posted on my blog last week. Stop by to check it out if you wish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review, Angela! I will definitely try this out. Thanks for sharing, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!