Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mio Peach Tea Water Enhancer

The other day I was breezing down a grocery store aisle when I caught sight of something that made me stop in my tracks, this Mio Peach Tea Water Enhancer. It was parked next to those single-serve packets of instant tea (like Lipton's Tea to Go), but this looked like a package of candy or mints. What was it doing next to the teas?

Well, as the package says, each squeeze of this product into water adds more flavor, and you get to control how much "peach tea" or other flavor you want. Sounded intriguing!

I used a few drops to lightly flavor my water and I rather liked it. Wouldn't go out of my way to get it, but if I was in the mood for water and wanted a mere hint of taste, this would do it. When I added several drops more, however, and the water was the caramel color of regular iced tea, the taste was very tart and chemically, so I don't advise that. Turns out there is actually no tea listed as an ingredient in this "enhancer," and that took away the charm for me, so I doubt I'll try this product again.

Just for fun, I thought I'd show you one of my favorite iced tea stirrers, this vintage aluminum tea-leaf shaped spoon I got as part of a set a few years ago. These aren't very hard to locate online, and if you're a tea lover I find these perfect for stirring iced tea.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review of Mio water enhancer. That vintage tea-leaf stirrer is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tea leaf stirrer. and will steer clear of the Mio water enhancer! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaf stirrer is super cute...I appreciate this review. I plan to try this myself just to see.....on a different note I just bought some Harney and Sons Paris blend tea have you tried it? What is your FAV variety??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mio Peach Tea Water Enhancer is not something I would be interested in trying. You're not surprised, are you? Love the iced tea stirer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. I don't think I would try this. Loved your ice tea stirrer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review. I've seen these in the grocery store and wondered how they tasted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!