Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tea Sandwich Saturday #25 - Banana Peppers & Bacon

Do you like peppers? I like the milder ones, and the banana peppers are coming in strong at my house, so I decided to simply use a couple of the peppers in this week's tea sandwich recipe. And after last week's play-with-your-food fun with the Tomato Roses, this week I decided to make Banana Pepper Teapots!


I actually had the idea a while back: Why not see if my good old Linzer cookie cutters with the teapot insert could chop a tiny chunk of raw vegetable? After slitting and flattening one of the peppers, I simply used the cookie cutter insert on a cutting board to press out a teapot-shaped piece. Easy! When I looked online, I noticed that the pairing of banana peppers, cream cheese and bacon seemed to get a lot of good reviews, so here's how I made my spread.

Banana Pepper & Bacon Spread

1 (3-ounce) block cream cheese
2 banana peppers, seeded and chopped coarsely
1 tablespoon prepared bacon bits
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine first three ingredients in food processor just until blended. You still want to see some chunks of the peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste.

8 comments:

  1. Angela!!!!!!! So yummy and those little teapots...omg! Ok, you need to move to Minnesota so we can open our own TEA ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very pretty and I am sure is delicious. This would be a nice addition to afternoon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Creative, Love the linzer cookie cutter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your banana pepper garnish is very original ! Clever !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bright color of the banana pepper teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My How adorable is the tiny TEA cutter....

    Where do you find these?

    SOOO cute and perfect for your sandwich...

    HOPE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!