Monday, June 13, 2011

My latest junkin' finds

A tea book I didn't have, a Depression glass plate and a teacup-and-teapot lapel pin are some of my recent junkin' finds.

The book is "Tea and Inspiration" by Mary Pielenz Hampton, which I was happy to add to my tea library for just $4. This book appears to be a combination cookbook and devotional book, and I'm looking forward to both reading it and cooking with it. Some of the recipes include Leek and Bacon Knots, Milk and Honey Bread, and a Summer Pudding I can't wait to make when my parents' blueberries come in!

These two other finds were really my mom's finds. She found this Waterford Waffle pattern Depression glass plate for me at a yard sale for 25 cents!

And I don't know what she paid for this cute plastic lapel pin, but I'm sure it was about the same. Several years ago I saw this pin listed on eBay for weeks for $125, and I always wondered if the seller had misplaced the decimal point. (It did not sell for that price, as you might expect.) Have you had any good junkin' or antiquin' finds lately? If so, please share!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Angela,

    You are going to love the "Tea and Inspiration" book. I found it on Ebay a few years ago. I love how the author combines inspiration and tea. The prefect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your "junkin'" finds. Recently I was visiting some antique shops and I thought I would love to find a pretty teacup with pink on it. I see so many pretty ones on my tea friends blogs and wanted to find some for myself. Well everytime I go looking for a teacup I end up with one with yellow, not pink. So I guess I am suppose to be collecting yellow teacups. I will share my newest find another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yipppeeee for YOU!! I collect tea books and have not heard of this one so I have added yet another thing to my wish list. This weekend my mom was visiting and we ransacked all the local antique shops and I found a beautiful light yello plate with painted roses for 7 dollars!! It is so beautiful!! Have a great week. BTW, I have tried each of the scripture tea and they are all fabulous. My mom and I liked the apricot the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good finds! I continue to be astounded by the volume of tea books out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful junkin' finds!! I have several tea books around here too, but not that one. I especially love the waffle plate. So pretty! Be sure to stop by my blog. I'm having a tea cozy giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that book - i wish they would bring some of these back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds. And what a good deal on the pin, compared to ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a nice book, with some unusual recipes - like the grapefruit barley water recipe. The tea tableaux photos are lovely too.

    What a pretty platter and cute lapel pin that your Mom found for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am catching up after traveling a bit. Unfortunately, junkin' and antiquin' weren't on the agenda on my excursions. Therefore, I just savor your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Angela - I too am catching up on your wonderful posts - what a great eye you have for treasures!
    If you ever open a shop, I will be one of your 1st shoppers!
    All the best, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wandering the web and I found this post. I hope you enjoy the book!

    Blessings,

    Mary (Pielenz) Hampton

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!