Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summertime in Tea Time

Some people get excited when they see their favorite celebrity on the cover of a magazine, but I get excited when I see one of my teacups there! I got the new issue of Tea Time last week and naturally enjoyed seeing the Royal Winton Summertime teacup and saucer on the cover because I have a set in that pattern.

The handle design on mine is different (and happily, I like my teacup's handle the best), but I adore Royal Winton's chintz designs and would love to have any of them!

My teacup has a lot of crazing, but I still love its lush floral design. And this summer, at least, it's fun knowing Summertime is now a cover girl!



11 comments:

  1. The Royal Winton Summertime pattern is very pretty. I also prefer the handle on your teacup.

    It is fun to see your china in a magazine. This happens a lot with my Wedgwood "Edme" teacup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a beautiful pattern, and it is exciting to see something you own in TeaTime, isn't it?!? That's only happened to me once, though, lol - I saw some place card holder/vases that I'd bought at a friend's Home Decor party in an issue a couple of years ago, and it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny, not many people would understand this. I would be excited to be this kind of cover-girl too! What a beautiful cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't subscribe, but I do watch for this magazine when I shop for my pet food. It makes going to town so much more fun for me to be able to purchase the latest issue (I'm not much for shopping). ♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite magazine...and I was excited as I have Royal Winton Summertime as well. A gorgeous pattern! Thanks for sharing!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure only tea lovers would understand the enjoyment of seeing one's teacup as a "cover girl". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful and I like the handle on yours better. Now I need to go back and look at the magazine and see the celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chintz. Your Royal Winton Summertime teacup is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am catching up on reading your blog after traveling for a few days. I just posted a very similar post today for Teacup Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tea cup is so beautiful and the colors are exquisit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is your pattern an older Summertime by Royal Winton? I love it and would love to find the same. Do you know if it is discontinued?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!