Wednesday, August 7, 2024

"Journey Through Scotland" in the new Victoria magazine


Many of you already subscribe to Tea Time, but if you don’t happen to subscribe to sister publication Victoria, I must tell you that the September/October 2024 issue, which arrived in my mailbox yesterday, is an absolute delight! “Journey Through Scotland” is the theme of this extra-thick double issue, and since I’ve started daydreaming about a trip to Scotland to see the old McRae family homeplace, Eilean Donan Castle, this magazine is one I will keep close at hand.


There’s a lovely piece on “Tea with Christopher Robin,” commemorating the 100th anniversary of the appearance of Winnie-the-Pooh.


And another is titled “Tea & Tranquility,” which will have you longing to take tea at the Signet Library in Edinburgh.


This year’s Victoria writer in residence, Jennifer L. Scott, writes about “The Ceremony of British Afternoon Tea."


And these yummy-looking treats are pictured in a feature on Gleneagles, a retreat where I'd certainly love to take tea. And I haven’t even touched on all of the issue's historic castles, the tartans, the confections … It’s truly a feast for those who enjoy Scottish history!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I must get a copy , and maybe one for my cousin, too. Thank you for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful magazine. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great issue! I'm looking forward to receiving my copy in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just now made the journey from my kitchen coffee at the table where I was musing over my new issue which arrived yesterday and now to the computer for a little catchup. With everything going on in the world Victoria is always on my "whatsoever things are lovely" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a really good issue. I have it sitting on my stack of magazines, but need to really sit down with a cup of tea and savor it awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!