Wednesday, August 14, 2024

An estate sale find … not found by me!


Last week, I enjoyed another hike with my old high school and college friend Tammy, and when I got in her car to head to the state park we were hiking, a burgundy box was waiting in the seat for me. She recently went to a “free estate sale” at the home of a friend, and she thoughtfully thought of me with a few gifts including this lovely boxed set of elegant porcelain-topped teaspoons! She apologized that only five remain, but as I told her, my favorite tea parties are for four guests, so this is perfect.


The spoons, stamped "Korea" on the back, were in great shape, and I had a feeling the little bit of tarnish could be whisked away with some White’s Silver Cream.


And indeed, it was. So happy to add these beautiful spoons to my collection of tea accoutrements!

4 comments:

  1. Truly a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty! And how nice of your friend to get them for you. I think I would like to go to a “free estate sale” too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are really nice spoons! I'm glad they have found a good home with you, through the kindness of your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!