Wednesday, February 28, 2024

A new scrub with green tea


It's been a while since I've spotted any new cosmetics containing our beloved camellia sinensis as an ingredient, so I was delighted to come across this Raw Sugar Whipped Scrub with green tea, cucumber, and aloe vera at Kroger recently.


I was especially delighted that it was in their clearance section, so this $15.49 product was just $5.42, and I do love a good scrub cream. Olay made a great one with tea in it a few years ago, and I bought it every chance I got, but alas, it disappeared from shelves. Lots of products these days claim to have green tea in them, so I've learned to really read the labels to make sure it's not just the *idea* of tea that they're selling!


This scrub's lovely floral scent is just divine, and it's a thick, paste-like scrub, and with almost 60-year-old skin, I appreciate that it's only lightly scrubby, with not quite the grittiness of the old scrubs that felt like melted sandpaper. I like sloughing off a few skin cells but certainly not all of them, if you know what I mean, and I definitely follow up with a light moisturizer these days. A little googling revealed that this scrub cream is occasionally on sale at various drug stores and grocery stores, and I see it's currently part of a bundle on Amazon, too, so if you're in the market for a scrub cream, you might look for this one! 

Updated to add: In response to a reader question, I wanted to note that yes, this IS a body scrub, not a facial scrub, but because it said "for sensitive skin," I've been happy using it as a facial scrub. If you have SUPER sensitive skin, this may not be something you want to try. (But boy, do I love mine!)

7 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful! Almost makes me want to drive down to Kroger.😀. I will certainly keep an eye out for it when O do get to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds line a nice scrub--I'll have to watch out for it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review! Now to buy the scrub and plan an at home "spa day" for myself. Along with a nice cup of hot tea. I will be ready for spring if it ever gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked the scrub. You had me laughing at the end. I remember the apricot scrubs from the 80's and they were like sandpaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! I remember with some pain the one I once bought with apricot seeds as the exfoliating ingredient. Egads!

      Delete
  5. Hi Angela! As usual you make everything look so appealing, I'd like to try it...but reading the label this is more of a body scrub than for face, correct? I still use apricot scrubs but happy to branch out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you're correct, but since it said for "sensitive" skin (and wasn't too gritty), I've been happily using it as a facial scrub!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!