Friday, February 16, 2024

Tea Time and a Cross-Stitch-Themed Tea Party!

 


I always love it when the new issue of Tea Time arrives, and I enjoy discovering what the special themes are for the issue.


The article on "Teatime and Cross-Stitch" in the March/April issue immediately became one of my all-time favorites. Why? Well, because it features the Royal Albert Petit Point pattern, and I have several pieces (but not the teapot, for which I'm simply unwilling to pay full retail, so holler if you see one for $5 at a thrift store!).


The recipes in this article all include a sewing theme, like these Vegetable Skeins made of spiralized zucchini, herbed cheese spread, and prosciutto. Clever!


And the pièce de résistance? These Scissor Meringues with silver luster dust on the "blades"! Sewing sisters, is that not the coolest thing you've ever seen for a tea party? Now to see if I can make them …





6 comments:

  1. I thought the Vegetable Skeins were neat until I scrolled to the Scissor Meringues. So cute! A crafty tea party would be fun to host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cross stitch theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scissor meringues are darling. If I ever see that teapot for $5, I'll grab it for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to put my name on that comment but it published without it!

      Delete
  4. We're all looking forward to photos of your own Scissor Meringues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those veggie skeins intrigued me when I got this magazine. Clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!