Monday, February 5, 2024

The Valentine's tea trolley, 2024 edition


I'm not quite finished decorating for Valentine's Day just yet, but this weekend, I did manage to get the valentine's tea trolley decorated, and I plopped some valentine decor in other spots around the house, too, so I'm sure I'll share more as the days roll by.


But first, I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me before that I should put the tea trolley vintage valentine on the actual tea trolley!


I pulled out my pink faux feather tree as well and clipped some of my tea-themed vintage valentines to it.


At an antique store on Saturday, I found the vintage pink plastic heart box, which has a pink bottom and a clear lid. Some of you may remember when baby comb-and-brush sets came in heart-shaped boxes that were pink and blue. Well, this is the same sort of design, but the box is only four inches tall. Maybe it once held candy?


And I know these boxes once held candy! The local antique stores didn't turn up a single vintage heart-shaped candy box this year, but I did find the red one here for $10 on Facebook Marketplace last year.


There was a time I would have been horrified at the idea of decorating with plastic flowers, but now, I find them quite cute in a kitschy sort of way!

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the “classic” Valentines cards you’ve displayed on the feather tree. And of course, the trolley one is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop by the museum for some great repro Victorian Valentines! And I still have those Christmas ornaments for you! One of these days…💕 must’ve been very difficult

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute display! Maybe it will encourage me to do some decorating of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty you make it all look! A lovely collection ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!