Friday, February 24, 2023

Children's Tea Party, circa 1900

 


Let's end the week with a tea party, shall we? I recently came across another of those old stereopticon viewing devices in an antique mall, but it was pricy and had only a single stereoscopic image with it. Later, I found myself looking up these old images on the Library of Congress website. I found another tea-themed image that I don't believe I've shared here before. When I gazed at the center of this one long enough, it did indeed become a 3D image and had lots of detail!


If, unlike me, you're opposed to absolutely wasting time by sitting there staring at the center of your computer screen all day (and hey, that may include some of you!), here's a close-up detail from the image.

One day, I fully intend to own a stereopticon, the lovely vintage wooden viewing contraption that's sort of like the ViewMaster of my youth, but it won't be any fun to own one unless I can find it in the wild for a bargain price. Maybe this will be the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck in your quest! I have one, but no tea party card. Now I have a quest! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've love to hear what those little girls are saying at their tea party! The cluttered background makes me feel right at home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding that treasure when it's at the right price makes it all the more special. The picture of the little girls having a tea party makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing find. Whenever I visit an antique shop I look at postcards hoping to find tea related ones, but have rarely found any.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!