Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Wrapping up Valentine's Week


On Monday morning, a new friend was coming over, and at the last minute, I decided to put out some festive treats. I already had extra sausage balls I'd made for a Sunday school breakfast, and I'd made some of those seven-layer cookie bars over the weekend, so I added some heart-shaped cookies I'd just baked (was testing recipes for a valentine's cookbook) and called it done!


She was so surprised and said she'd never been to a real tea before. As you all know, this isn't full afternoon tea by a long shot, but she appreciated the gesture so much that I decided I should do this sort of thing more often! I already had my table set up for Valentine's Day, so all I did that morning was make pots of coffee and tea. I was happy that I was able to pull out the teapot napkin rings I bought last year at a local antique mall. The napkins came from Etsy.


And of course I always have plenty of rose-trimmed dishes.


The pink Lu-Ray platter was a gift from a Sunday school friend who was cleaning out and thought I would like it. I do!


A thrifted heart-shaped glass dish held the sausage balls. My "vintage" tablecloth is actually brand-new and came from the Fancy Flours catalog (fancyflours.com), but it sure looks vintage, doesn't it? It's the prettiest tablecloth I've found in ages!

Now it's time to start thinking about how to decorate for St. Patrick's Day, and I have only a few tea wares and fabrics that are green. It's time to get creative!

6 comments:

  1. Everything looks so lovely and festive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty! You are a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your “rosy” Valentine table is so pretty! I love the tablecloth and the napkins. And your napkin rings are wonderful. I expect you'll find several appropriate things to set a table for St. Patrick’s Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to change from “anonymous” again! Joy

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful, festive table you've laid! Just looking at it is enough to cheer up anybody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goodies and table look just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!