Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Twinings "Detox" Grapefruit & Basil Green Tea

 

After trying that yummy Fig and Vanilla tea from Twinings last week, I sampled another new Twinings tea I came across at Ollie's, this "Detox" blend that is a "Grapefruit & Basil Flavoured Green Tea."

Do you ever struggle to remember a tea you've enjoyed in the past? I do, and fortunately, I can usually search a word or two in the search box at the top of this blog and find what I'm looking for. But when I looked back at old posts, I couldn't find the yummy grapefruit-flavored tea that lingers in the memory like a pleasant tune I can't quite recall. I do recall that grapefruit-flavored teas seem to be pretty rare, and I took one sip of this one and thought, "Oh, yes, here we go!" I don't actually like grapefruit that much, yet I love grapefruit-flavored teas. This one has a bright, citrusy taste from the grapefruit, and the basil flavor is subtle. "Refreshing" is the word that best comes to mind.

So thanks to Twinings, I have a new grapefruit-flavored tea to enjoy! I'm still puzzled that these new Twinings blends have landed on the discount shelves at Ollie's. They don't expire for another year or two. Did they not sell as quickly as hoped? I may never know, but I do know that I'll be trying all the new blends that Twinings sends them, especially for the bargain price of $1.99 a box!

4 comments:

  1. Another interesting flavor (or I should say, flavour) combination - I would not have thought of combining grapefruit or basil with tea or with each other! But for $1.99, I'd give it a try. I have never been a fan of the fruit itself but I used to enjoy grapefruit sodas like "Wink" (I'm dating myself with that one!). Now I have to avoid grapefruit due to medication interactions. But if the tea doesn't contain actual grapefruit, just the "flavour", I would certainly try it on your recommedation. :-) Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the grapefruit tea was tasty. You are correct, you don't see grapefruit often in teas. I'm not sure how Ollies gets their merchandise. Maybe from stores that have gone out of business?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be surprised if this tea ended up at Ollies because it didn't sell well. Grapefruit and basil does not sound like an appealing combination to me! I'm glad Twinings has found an adventurous tea-drinker like you, Angela, to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you like the hint of grapefruit in tea, try Harney and Sons "Royal Palace" blend. It has a wonderful hint of grapefruit in it.
    Was thinking, perhaps it's on the sale rack because people have passed it up after seeing the "detox" label on it. I know I would probably have passed it up because of that too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!