Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Tea and Wellness


When Alex was in the hospital early last month, I spent almost every night with him, leaving only for brief trips home to get new clothes, do some laundry, check the mail, and things like that. My thoughtful stepson kept insisting he wanted to come relieve me for a night, so after several days, I said yes. And as soon as he arrived and I got in my car to head home, I felt that little scratchy feeling in my throat that made me think, "Oh no! I can't be getting sick!" You ever had that happen? Well, a good night's sleep with no hospital interruptions helped immensely, but I also made a run by the drugstore and got zinc tablets, throat lozenges, a new bottle of multivitamins, and on a whim, this Get Wellness tea. I can't tell you medically speaking whether taking all of that is or isn't a cure, but I can report that I didn't get sick!


So when I went back to the hospital—and blessedly, it's just ten minutes from my house—I took this tea with me and sipped it constantly for several days in a row until I felt more secure that I wasn't coming down with something. (If only hospitals didn't have all those sick people, right?)


You can probably tell by the shape of the tin and the round tea bags that this is a Republic of Tea blend. It contains organic rooibos, licorice root, ashwagandha root, European elderberries, astragalus root, chicory root, echinacea root, cardamom, clove, and natural spice flavor. It actually tastes pretty good, much like any spicy fall-flavored tea, and even though Alex is now home and doing well, I still sip this tea every now and then because … wellness!

So do you have a go-to remedy if you suspect a cold or sore throat might be coming on? I'm wondering if my solution is the norm, so please share!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Alex was in the hospital again! I hope all is well now. I'm glad to know about this Wellness tea, I'll add it to my "arsenal" of cold-prevention techniques, which right now is Zicom (zinc) and sometimes Emergen-C mixed with orange juice. And the tea sounds pretty tasty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly sorry for the hospital stay too and hope all is well now. I do believe in medicinal properties of teas and have a couple faves. I will have to look for this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering which drug store did you find this tea at?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!