Friday, July 22, 2022

Twinings "Calm" Tea with Fig and Vanilla

 

"Calm. Promotes a balanced mood," said the Twinings box. Well, what woman couldn't use that?

This tea, while a new blend, was on sale for just $1.99 a box at Ollie's last week, and the Fig and Vanilla combination sounded like one that I would enjoy.

I always award extra points for individually wrapped tea bags, because that makes these perfect for sharing or tucking into a card for a fellow tea lover.

I don't believe I'd ever heard of ashwagandha root until seeing it listed as an ingredient in that wellness tea I tried last month, but now I'm seeing ashwagandha root everywhere (three times this week alone). I'm not sure which taste notes it's contributing to this tea, but I can tell you that the sweetness from the fig and vanilla flavors gave this tea a richness and sweetness that immediately made me go, "Ah! A dessert tea!" If I see some more of this blend the next time I'm at Ollie's, I'll be stocking up!



7 comments:

  1. The price was certainly right to give that a try! And it sounds delicious. A good cup of tea is calming to me, no matter which type. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still can't figure out how to let Google know I want to post as myself, but this is Joy. I guess I need to remember to sign my name to my comments!

      Delete
  2. Glad this tea was good. I saw that at Ollies but I don't like Rooibos so I didn't buy any. I've also noticed ashwagandha in lots of things recently. Maybe it's the trendy ingrediant for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're such an adventurous tea-taster, Angela! I enjoy reading your comments about teas that I never would have tried myself. I'm not a big fan of fig-flavored things, but I'm happy that you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempting me to make an Ollie's run!! I haven't been in quite awhile. Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  5. A must try! The search us on! Donna z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting! You must have liked it. Was is calming?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!