Monday, July 25, 2022

Zucchini & Raisin Bread


I don't know about you, but I do not like to let groceries go to waste these days! So when I had some zucchini that needed to be used, I looked on Pinterest and found a zucchini bread recipe that I wanted to tweak. I'd never made zucchini bread with raisins before, but I also had some raisins that I needed to use up, so this sounded like the perfect use for them.


This tender bread is perfect as an afternoon or evening snack with a cup of tea, and Alex said he thought this was the best loaf of zucchini bread I've ever made, so of course I wanted to share the recipe with you!


Zucchini & Raisin Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups grated zucchini (about 2 large)
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla and mix well. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with some of the zucchini. Fold in raisins. Pour into two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans prepared with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour. Yields 2 loaves.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't made zucchini bread in years, but that recipe sounds delicious - and brings back yummy memories! Enjoy! (Joy, posting as "anonymous")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made zucchini bread in a long time, either. Although with 2 cups of sugar, it should really be called zucchini CAKE! Since I don't have any raisins on hand, I would substitute chocolate chips. Just thinking about it making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds delicious! I like Vernona's suggestion of chocolate chips! Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I love it when a creative cooking experiment turns out tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No zucchini in the garden or I would indeed be planning this recipe. Marilyn Miller

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!