Monday, August 9, 2021

Weekend thrifting: The Butter Dish


The Butter Dish

Here’s the story
'Bout some Royal Albert.
It was sitting at the Goodwill store in Rome.
But the pretty lid was mournful and so lonely.
Yes, it was all alone.

Here’s the story
'Bout a plate with violets
It was sitting at the Goodwill store in Rome.
It had gotten separated from its cover
And it was all alone.

Till the one day when this lady turned the corner
And she knew that it was much more than a wish
That these pieces, they were meant to be together
And that’s the way that they became a Butter Dish!

A Butter Dish,
a Butter Dish.
That’s the way,
they became a Butter Dish!

8 comments:

  1. I love both the butter dish and your song about it. And of course I sang it in my mind as I read it. Great find, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hilarious parody of the "Brady Bunch" theme song! And such a pretty re-united butter dish and at what a price, too. That really brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great - had me singing along. I am so glad you reunited these things:

    "Reunited and it feels so good!"

    Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a plate of violets!
    Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha - well I know now that I will be humming, whistling and singing The Brady Bunch theme tune for days now. Thanks, Angela. LOL. BUT it was VERY clever (you should be a writer (wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) Love this beautiful set has become one. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely poem. Glad you were able to find both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes in Goodwill I'll see things that go together placed on separate ailes and I'll actually go get the pieces and put them back together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's gorgeous! I collect china with violets as well as Royal Albert, so I'll have to be on the lookout for this pattern now. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!