Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Sipping tea under a blue moon …

 


I don't believe I've ever before had a tea that you could purchase only on the days of the blue moon (the next one being Sunday, August 22), but that's the case with this delightful Bella Luna Blue loose leaf tea that I recently received as a sample from Adagio Teas.


This tea features dried lemongrass and butterfly pea flowers (which turn the water blue) along with natural blueberry flavor. The tea is naturally caffeine-free, and I was glad since I was enjoying some at bedtime! I've long been a fan of herbal teas, and this one features that lemon-and-blueberry combo that I love but without being tart.


After I steeped it for five minutes, the tea was indeed quite blue!


Here's a close-up view. My husband saw some iced blue tea in the fridge recently and said it just wasn't "natural," but au contraire, my friends, it is quite natural!


And if you decide to up the citrus flavor by adding a few drops of lemon juice, the blue color turns to purple! (I poured mine into a clear tea mug so you can see the difference.) The lemon juice brings out the citrus flavor of the lemongrass even more, but I don't think it's necessary and actually preferred the tea as-is.

Blue tea is a fun and special treat, and if you'd like to get some while you can, you can order it on Sunday right here. Wouldn't this tea be gorgeous served iced alongside some blue tea wares? My mind is full of fun possibilities thanks to this deliciously different new tea.

3 comments:

  1. It's pretty, for sure! I just got the Purple Papayaberry that I ordered after you blogged about it, and enjoyed a glass of it this morning. The blue tea would indeed be pretty with a blue and white table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your husband that blue tea doesn't look natural! It just doesn't appeal to me. That blue liquid in your pretty teacup looks like something one would put a white boiled egg into at Easter time, to get a pretty blue egg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Glad it tasted good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!