Friday, August 20, 2021

Teatime with Dolly


Do you ever find something in your house and wonder how on earth it got there? Not long ago, I realized that it would probably be just fine if I tossed my college journalism newsletters and high school report cards and those tiny little square Hallmark pocket calendars (remember those?) from the '70s and '80s. But somewhere in that late-eighties box of memorabilia was this doll-shaped booklet, and I'm guessing it's something I purchased during my Victorian phase in the late '80s, when I decorated my first apartment with lace teddy bears and inexpensive prints of Victorian women and all things pearl. (I'll bet some of you did too.)


I nearly tossed Dolly at Home ABC until I looked inside and realized it's actually a cute little alphabet book, and when I saw a teakettle on the opening spread, I was intrigued. "I'll bet there's a teapot inside," I thought.


And yes, there is, under "V" for Visit! So this booklet quickly became a keeper. Our grandchildren are now too old for such reads, but I'm hoping a niece or two will get married within the next five or ten years, so I'm thinking about the future great-niece or great-nephew that I hope to see, and of course I'll need books to introduce them to teatime!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet book! I'm glad you didn't throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cute! It's good that you read it all the way to the letter V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute book. You never know what you will find packed away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I use to have this book, not sure I still do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!