Monday, July 5, 2021

Summer comes to the tea trolley

The calendar may say that summer arrives in June, but I've always thought that summer doesn't really arrive until July. And since I'm longing for a trip to the beach (which I hope to find time for in the next few months), I thought I'd provide myself a little inspiration by adding some beachy things to the tea trolley this month, this time featuring some Gracie tea wares with simple blue bands in the design.

Among the other goodies on the tea trolley is this lovely little inspirational book I came across a few years ago, Life Is Better at the Beach by Christina Vinson. I always love to add books to my decor.

In honor of the ocean-colored palette, I added a few teacups in pretty aqua and turquoise colors.

I've always heard that colors of the water are soothing, and I believe it.

I kept this tea trolley decor very simple, and as always, Alex's Uncle Roy presides over it all, but he matches, too, this time! Fellow beach lovers, do you have any coastal decor out at your house? 


7 comments:

  1. I love your nod to the beach on the trolley for July.
    The only nod I have is a small plate that holds pebbles and sea glass I have collected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if life is better at the beach, but there's nothing like walking on the shore, hearing the sound of the ocean, feeling the breeze on your face and conversing with the Lord.
    All of your teacups are so lovely. I have that teapot also, plus the matching teacup. Shells are displayed in and out of my home year round. :)
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, there’s a matching teacup? Heading to eBay!

      Delete
  3. Your tea trolley looks so pretty! I love the book, and the aqua certainly reminds me of the beautiful ocean. I won't get to see it this summer, and I still have all my patriotic decor out but probably the beach things will make an appearance soon. I took my mother-in-law to visit her family in L.A. (Lower Alabama) last week, and waved to you as we drove past Newnan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea trolley vignette looks so cool and clean. I especially like that you include a book. I must admit that I am not a fan of the beach, so I'll just enjoy an idealized thought of it by admiring your elegant arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful summer display. The aqua china is a perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!